Let's see if I can do a little updating....what's happened over the last month?
Nathan
- Rolls over
- Sits alone
- 1st sick Dr. visit (bronchitis)
- Grabbing and vocalizing more
- Reaches for Great Aunt Grammy
- Eats cereal....not exactly, but has been introduced...
- Turned 5 months old, still weighing around 19 pounds
- Tries Honeycomb cereal and biter biscuit
- 1st trip to ER (high fever and screaming in pain, no diagnosis...but partially due to teething)
- Cut first tooth (bottom right)
- Spends some time outside in walker

Andrew is continuing to do well in and enjoy school. He's a delight to everyone he meets. He did a great job "signing" his name on Valentines for his classmates.
He had to hold his mouth just right to get it done!

Joshua is doing well with homeschooling. I was so proud of him the day after I had spent the entire night in the ER with Nathan. I explained to him that I needed to sleep but, that he still needed to get his work done. I gave him his assignments and he did them all with out any "prodding" from me. Such a blessing that day!
Here you can see the adoration Josh has for Nathan. When I wasn't looking they both ended up on Josh's bed for a little relaxing. (TOP BUNK! Aah!)

Craig is working hard at his new job. It is quite stressful at the moment, but a totally different type of stress than he had before. Although he's been working some very long hours to try and get the hospital ready to open (hopefully in just a few more days..), it has been rewarding work for him. His coworkers recognize his good work ethic and appreciate it, which makes all the difference!
As for me....
I just want to share a lesson I've learned recently through a devotional, as well as a sermon... I guess when you begin to hear the same lesson being taught over and over, you should listen..
Gideon's army was too big in the beginning, so God whittled away the number of troops because he didn't want the men to think they had won the victory in their own power. God made it seem like an impossible task to win the battle. How could so few soldiers overpower such a large army? But they DID and God got all the glory.
My to-do list can seem so overwhelming at times. And I'm not just talking about daily "chores" around the house, although those are important and part of what overwhelmes me. I'm referring to everything that is encompassed into being a wife/mother/homemaker/etc. etc. There is absolutely NO way that I can do it all. I'm just now learning (slow learner I guess) that I'm not supposed to be able to do it. If I could, then I would be smug and think more highly of myself than I should. I would claim the victory and the glory. So, in order that I not do that....God has to give me more to do than I can possibly do on my own. I need His help to accomplish all that I should, so he can win the Victory and the Glory! Not ME!
5 comments:
Great post Katie!
Love,
Grammy
SO good and SO hard to learn. I daily feel behind. I spent sweet time in prayer and in the Word this morning and just felt Him reminding me that His compassions never fail, they are new EVERY MORNING...how great is His faithfulness! I pray every night that God would redeem anything I screwed up that day as a wife and mother. I am so thankful He is so faithful, even when I am not. You are so precious. Thanks for sharing.
Love you tons,
Stephanie
I loved this post and I sure needed the devotional to be reminded that He can do it....not me.
I love the updates on the kids. Looks like everyone is doing good. I am still working on the whole "I need His help" thing too...I get in that mindset that I need to do it all. Thanks for making me rethink that. :)
A-men! That was DEFINITELY a reminder that, I, myself needed! As I too have been feeling that way lately. Thank you Katie! I know that is a late reply but, I am honestly just now getting around around to catching up on blogging myself!
Post a Comment