Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life is not a slideshow.

I just love slideshows....

You know the kind.

The music has meaningful lyrics and the pictures go perfectly with the words.

I'm always coming up with ideas for slideshows....

But rarely do I ever make one.

Slideshows make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Even if they make you sad, they still seem to make things look so beautiful.

I've always wanted to be a mom.

I still want to be a good mom.

I can get all warm and fuzzy when I look at pictures of my boys.

Pictures like this one.....



Or this one...



Or Heaven help me...this one...



But see....

Then there is reality.

These sweet faces actually move and have life and personality.

Which is great...really it is!

But life gets so real.

It's real when one sweet dimple faced child somehow starts getting an attitude.

It's real when another sweet doe eyed deer tries to make a deal with me.

It's real when yet another sweet pumpkin screams bloody murder just to sleep close to me every night.

It's real.

Life is not a slideshow.

And really......I'm glad it isn't!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday marked 7 months for baby Nathan.

Can you believe it?

I still need to get a height and weight for him. He's real close to crawling and can certainly scoot around. Today I got a few toys out for him that had been stored away. He thought he was big stuff getting to play in the floor with the big boys.

Here's one of the pics I got for 7 months. You can see his two little teeth shining.

Sorry he's wearing an OU shirt Grandpa. It just happened to be what he had on and maybe you'll be forgiving since it was a gift from Ms. Pat!


_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have some more pictures that include Craig and I. But for some reason, my camera won't unload.....maybe next time.

2 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Really good post.

Reba said...

Love it. So very true. Life is not a slide show, but wouldn't it be cool if it were? I cannot believe he is 7 months old!