Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy 2010!

Whew....can you believe it is 2010?

And to think, when I was a kid, we thought for sure we'd be flying around in Jetson's style hovercrafts by now!

Yes, it's true things have changed drastically as time moves on, but in reality, it's not all that different in a lot of ways.

One thing that has changed a lot are cameras! Gone are the days of film and developing. Certainly gone, are the days of......oh crud, I can't think of what they are called. You know, the way they took pictures before film. On plates or whatever it was...those days are gone for sure!

Who doesn't love the age of digital cameras?

I do!

With that said....YES, I finally did get my broken camera replaced. And I couldn't help but go with a little upgrade.

Meet my new friend!

I haven't had a chance to really play with it the way I'd like yet. It's my understanding and belief that to get the best shots you must look for the natural light. There are few places inside our home with good natural light and I've been too big of a wimp to get us out in the cold just to take pictures.

With that said...here are a few debuts. No they aren't the best pictures, or the best edited, but it takes time to get to know a new camera and I do look forward to getting to know my friend well. Hopefully, we'll make a good team someday soon.

This handsome boy just keeps growing and growing. {Does he remind you of anyone?}


This cutie patootie is loving the toothless feel.
{Yes, I know he needs a haircut.}


This wide-eyed beautiful baby is always on the move. {I really must learn more about the focusing feature for movers and shakers.}


Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful relationship. I love pictures!

3 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Beautiful new background and cute kids too. It looks like you and your "camera" friend are getting along fine, to me.

Reba said...

I love digital cameras. I remember when I would go pick up film I had developed only to find that half of the pictures were dark or someone had walked in front. Now, I just delete and take a new one... I love the pics of your boys. Cannot wait to see what else you can do with your camera!

green6 said...

Good to see you back!!! Those kids are growing up so fast! I like your new background too! Good luck with the new camera