When we first arrived I sent the big boys over to the playground while Nathan and I sat in the truck for a bit. I was thinking maybe he'd fall asleep, but when he didn't, I figured I ought to give him a chance to get out and stretch his legs in the sunshine too. So we headed out with my camera in hand.
Now for a little background info....this particular park has a lovely, big pond (lake if you will) filled with fish, ducks and geese. While Josh and Andrew were playing, the ducks and geese were down by the water's edge or on the water. Obviously, the fish stayed in the water. (HaHaHa!)
Anyway....when Nathan and I got out and crossed the street to enter the playground area these 4 guys (girls?) came up out of no where!

There were many more too, but these were clearly more aggressive than the rest. They seemed to be after Nathan. One of them even looked at him like this.....

Are you frightened yet? I was a little disturbed.
So anyway. They did this for a minute or two and then would begin to walk away. So, naturally, I reached to set Nathan down on the ground to go play. But, I'll be golly, if those crazy
This hysterical spectacle replayed over and over as I wondered who might have been watching us from afar getting a good laugh of their own. Now that I think back on it, I'm not sure I would have been surprised if someone from one of those "candid camera" type shows had emerged from behind a tree.
So here I am wondering how in the world I'm ever going to be able to let Nathan down to play. I was getting tired holding him and being careful not to drop or bump my camera. I found a big rock and we sat to watch the geese.

Soon Nathan could stand it no longer and HAD to get down. He immediately picked up a handful of pebbles and threw them back at the ground as the geese ran up to him. I laughed as I realized all they were hoping for was a baby who had some food to throw.

They thought the pebbles might be food and rather than pecking my baby to death they pecked at the ground around him!
Nathan was not afraid in the least. However, I think Josh and Andrew may have been a little apprehensive. What do you think?

They quickly figured out he had nothing to offer and left him alone. It was pretty much all fun and games thereafter. That is, until Nathan actually tried to feed one a rock and it took it out of his hand. :)
My one regret? Why in the world didn't I video any of it?? Ah well, too bad Candid Camera wasn't there!
4 comments:
These pictures are priceless. Funny story too.
LOL, and i really did! I could actually "roll the film" in my head with your description of the story. Absolutely love the pic of the older boys on the rock, while Nate is on the ground amongst the geese! :)
What a cute story.
Christy
awww sweet story...your photos are awesome...
Post a Comment