Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring Photos

What a lovely Spring we've had! Despite the devastating storms from last night, and the potential for more this week, it has been a relatively calm and quiet one with fabulous weather.

I have been wanting to get some outdoor family pictures for some time. I spend quite a bit of time looking at the photography of others, and have enjoyed coming up with different poses and editing techniques to enhance our everyday snapshots.

One thing I have come to conclude is, it will just be awhile before we get a perfectly "posed" shot. And really, why would I want that anyway? Photos are for memories and the memories I want to keep are of lives. Lives full of motion and emotion.

So that's what our goal was....not to have a perfectly posed shot, nor to get uptight about the cooperation or lack thereof of the boys. Just go with the flow....

And you know what?

I think that worked out pretty well. :)

Thanks to my Momma for taking these pictures for us.







6 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Good shots, even if I did do them myself. Of course, your camera and your enhancements had a great deal more to do with it. That and the beautiful people I had to work with.

Stephanie said...

They are AMAZING you all! Seriously. Super impressed. What application are you using to edit Katie? Do you have photoshop? If you need somewhere to get high quality prints (for our type camera) www.mpix.com has above and beyond the best quality. I have 4 8x10s framed over our mantle. They do a great job! Love you all!

Reba said...

Just love the pictures. Mark and I just smiled as we browsed them. Your mom did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!

Christy

green6 said...

These pictures are great! Great way to capture your ever moving family! We are looking into a similar setting as well! Thanks for the ideas!

Tiffany said...

I think they turned out wonderful!!