the one who's long and lean, no longer sporting those cute baby cheeks,
and catch a brief glimpse of the toddler he once was?
Does it take your breath away and bring a bittersweet tear to your eye?

Would you take a look at that?
Our precious 9 year old, doing what he does best....making noises.
I have to say, I do love a good zoom lens.
When I look at this photo, it's almost like one of those age progression pictures.
There's a little age added, a lot more freckles....
but those same beautiful red lips and golden hair.
The way his lips are pursed....puff his cheeks out just enough to give them a baby look,
if but just for a brief moment.
And in that brief moment....my heart and time stands still.
These are the memories I want to hold forever.
3 comments:
Yes, I do. And in that same moment, I can almost see them as an adult, like when Lauren is running into the gym for basketball practice...I find myself seeing an adult version of her changing before my very eyes. But that baby is still in there somewhere, right?
I loved this....I miss our baby Josh, but he is a sweet and precious 9 year old. Realistically, he has always and does still make many sound effects. But, he is really creative with it! Does that sound like a grandma covering for his annoying noises? Love him...just love him.
Sh!! That's going to make me cry!
Post a Comment