Sunday, November 21, 2010

Andrew's Birthday

I just pulled out a box of old pictures, most of which are prints. Remember those?!  I now feel the overwhelming desire to look through them all.

Here's a peek at one of them. Andrew on his 1st birthday!

And here is Andrew near his 7th birthday! My how he's grown.

Andrew had a fun few days of celebrating. A few days before, we took him to a local restaurant that he'd been wanting to try, Soda Steve's. It is a really fun place with yummy food, but he was too interested in gifts to enjoy the food much.

He got this Webkinz he'd asked for. I got it for him knowing that his stuffed animal playing days are so limited... They will be gone all too soon. :( So, I'm going to relish in it for the moment. :)

From Grandma and Grandpa he got his first Bible.  He's already getting it broken in, which thrills me.  He also got Toy Story 3, which has been a hit for the whole family.

The next day, Craig took Andrew for the day.  He had an errand to run, which was halfway across the state, so they got to eat out twice and take a stroll through Bass Pro Shop.  I think they both enjoyed that time together a lot.

Then on the big day, we got to go see Nana and Papa, Granny and Grandad.  We shared a yummy meal and the cake Andrew requested, Red Velvet Cheesecake!  Of course, the gifts were a big highlight again.  He got some really cool educational toys that will teach him tons, a solar system model and a microscope.  We look forward to using them in our school studies.

Overall, I'd say Andrew was celebrated quite well this year...

Andrew is still quite witty, and so smart.  He amazes me continuously with his pure common sense.  Something that will serve him well in life.  Oh how I wish I had recorded every little thing he has said!  We are so proud of him!  He is an amazing little brother and best friend to Josh, as well as a wonderful big brother to Nathan.  He would tell you, that is one thing that makes him special.  He has both a big brother and a little brother.  :)  We are thankful to have a front row seat to watch what God will do with and through our precious Andrew.

We love you Andrew!  Happy 7th Birthday!

1 comment:

Cool Grandma said...

He is a very special young lad, as Grandpa calls him. We love him so very much. His wit and humor continue to amaze me and make me laugh. He is sheer joy!