Some of you may not have noticed that our baby's name has been posted in the sidebar under his picture for quite some time. I purposefully put it there without mentioning it, mainly just to get used to the idea of it before going "public" with it. I suppose it is fully settled though. Josh and Andrew use it all the time now. It's still strange for me, but any name is really when there isn't a person physically present to be seen...
If you know me well, you know I don't take naming a child lightly. I tend to over analyze everything about it. The MOST important thing, however, is that it has a good meaning. I'm always shocked when I hear that someone didn't know the meaning of their child's name before choosing it. Now, I'm not saying I always remember what my children's names mean, but I know they have good meanings....
God thinks names are so important that He even changed them sometimes. {Abram became Abraham, Sarai became Sarah, Jacob became Israel, and Saul became Paul (just to name a few...)} So there must be something to this naming business.
So what is it??
Nathan Luke
Nathan -- Gift of the Lord
Luke -- Bringer of Light and Truth
Right now we are just calling him Nathan, but I think he will likely become a Nate. That's one of those things we'll have to wait out and see what fits him best.
So there you have it....unless I change my mind, or by some crazy turn of nature he ends up to be a she...
2 comments:
I personally love the name! I wanted to name Alex and Logan, Nathaniel but, obviously I didn't get my way on both! Hahaha!
I love the name...sounds so strong! I don't want to shock you but I really don't know my kids' names' meanings. I have a feeling that Lauren doesn't have a deep meaning since it is a "modern" name. Anyway, I have wondered if you could end up with a "she". I have heard of being shocked before. :)
Reba
Post a Comment