Josh is just full of funnies these days. Or, maybe I'm just easily amused?
His desk chair is an "office" type chair that spins. He often drives me crazy by spinning around and around when he should be working. Today, he was spinning and I was just about to get onto him when....
Josh: "Hey, when I stick my legs out, it slows me down."
Now normally I'm not too in tune with these teachable moments, but for some reason I caught it this time.
Me: "Yeah did you know that's science?"
He said he did and explained in detail all about it.
Me: "Josh, you are so much smarter than I was when I was 7 years old, I didn't think about stuff like that."
Josh: "Yes, because you didn't have a spinning chair."
Me: (laughing) "No, I didn't."
Josh: "Because you went to public school."
Such simple, yet, smart logic. The only reason I didn't think about "that kind of stuff" is I didn't sit in a spinning chair! Maybe public schools should think about using spinning chairs to encourage and inspire the learning of science! :)
Do you think any of the teachers would go for it?
I can see it now....20 spinning chairs and a teacher with an insane case of vertigo!
2 comments:
Mmmm...I am not sure I could handle that. I can see all kinds of potential disasters with that in a classroom. :) But it is a good teachable moment...
He is a very smart boy. Hey, and you beat me to the Feb./Valentine layout. I have been checking...smartie pants. I like it.
Post a Comment