
So here we are...hunkered down amidst this icy wonderland. It's the second day the boys have been "off" from school and they are happily at play in their room, as they've been for hours on end. It's bliss..
I was just thinking about how very much I COULD have accomplished over the last two days if I had set my mind to it. Instead, I took the chance just to be...
Oh, don't get me wrong. I've done things. Maybe not the "best things." Like actually playing WITH the boys. (Although, it seems that I'd be in the way of the play they have going now.) Or, spending time in the Word and in prayer.
But, I've done things...like making sure the laundry and dishes stay caught up "just in case" the power goes out. I've been cooking more lately too....
It has been so wonderful having Craig home for supper most nights. Most of you know he got a new job that allows him more time at home.
I have so much to be thankful for.
I recently felt guilty for being frustrated with the many nights of interrupted sleep...
How blessed I am to have a healthy baby who is home in his own crib and not hooked to tubes and monitors in a hospital.
How blessed I am to have a husband who is home every night after working hard to provide for us all day, and not one who is absent or lazy.
How blessed I am to have not one child, but three handsome and healthy boys. So many long for just one...
How blessed I am to have a roof over my head and more food than I need, when so many others go cold and hungry.
Ahhhh....the blessings could go on forever. More than I could ever count. Although, maybe I should try sometime. You know the song.....
"Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Count your blessings, see what God has done......"
I want to have a thankful heart.
I recently heard a teenager say she was having the worst day EVER, just because she was bored. OH MY! If being bored is the worst ever, what a VERY blessed life she has.
Wow...this post is all over the place. You can get a glimpse into my shuffled up mind...
I'll end with a poem (not written by me), a video and some pics....Enjoy!
Lord of all pots and pans and things,
Since I've no time to be
A saint by doing lovely things
Or watching late with Thee,
Or dreaming in the dawnlight
Or storming heaven's gates,
Make me a saint by getting meals
And washing up the plates...
Thou who didst love to give men food
In room or by the sea
Accept this service that I do-
I do it unto Thee.
-Author Unknown
Nathan is now 4 months old and weighs just over 20 pounds. He's getting to be quite playful.
Icy picnic table

Pretending the ice is really snow...

Hat Hair
6 comments:
We are SO blessed! I love you Katie.
Craig
Katie the boys are adorable! We have had bad icy weather here too, but the kids have been sick and I was not taking a chance on them going out and getting a relapse! LOL... Mom was ready for school to start today!! Nathan is getting big! I received that very swing as a shower gift with Haegan and it went through each kid (i have the melody memorized! LOL)Poor thing finally gave out on Ana when she was about 3 months! Hope all you guys are doing well!
Love
Courtney
Hi, Katie! This is just beautiful.
Isn't that just how a mom's mind works, though, jumping from here to there, soaking it all in, while taking care of everyone's needs?
You have a great blog here, and I am looking forward to looking around at some of the things you've written.
Like you, I hope mine is preserved for my boys, and that they actually enjoy reading it one day. Hopefully.
This is really a special post. We all do have a lot to be thankful for. Yes, I am in sunny Phoenix and found a computer I could get to. I am going out to see the sun and pray we have sun in Oklahoma soon.
I am thankful for a safe trip.
Mom
G-R-E-A-T post! I love you friend!
Stephanie
Katie,
When I count my blessings, you are at the top of my list!! What a wonderful, God fearing woman to be the mother of my grandsons!May God continue to bless your family and may you always be respectfully receptive of His Power!
Love,
Nana
Post a Comment