Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Minnow Catch


This picture actually has nothing to do with the story, other than it is about Andrew.

Today, I had the pleasure of attending school with Andrew. I had told him a couple of weeks ago that I would like to do that before the end of the school year, and it just so happened that a note was sent home on Friday encouraging parents to come for some special activities going on this week.

Today's activity....tricycle races.

But that isn't what this story is about either...

This week, they are learning about fish, and one of the teachers had brought a bunch of minnows, and converted their sand play table into a little "fish pond." During recess, the children were allowed to play with them. Andrew was selected to go first today, since he had helped bring a tricycle back into the yard. He got to choose someone to play with him and he chose his friend D.

Now D was not hesitant at all about reaching in to grab a handful of minnows. Andrew, on the other hand, wanted to, but was scared. He was hilarious!!

(I did get a small portion on video with my phone...not sure how to put it on here though. Not to mention the fact, there are other kids in the video and I wouldn't want to post it without permission.)

Anyway....Andrew was squealing and screaming and whooping and hollering....and LAUGHING! Finally, he was able to bring himself to do it! He caught some minnows in his hands.

He said they tickled.

So glad I was there to see it!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Ah, now that sounds like fun!