
Funny how I just love reading other blogs, but have such a hard time with my own. It isn't that I don't take pictures, or don't have any thoughts or humors to share.... I just don't take the time to record them, which is frustrating because I know I miss so much in the way of memories by not keeping a journal here. But hey...something is better than nothing right?
Sometimes I wonder if I will remember anything about my boys being little. I had to smile the other day as wonderful memories of Joshua flooded my mind. He and I were having our usual school battle and for whatever reason I began to think about how alert he has always been to the sights and sounds of tractors. (I held him as I recalled some of these memories aloud.)
Before he could even talk, he would perk up and listen if he heard something outside.
And as he began to talk, he became increasingly obsessed with tractors.
When he was around two years old, we passed several places where there were tractors on our way to church. Each and every time he would shout out "John Deere Tractor!!" Indeed, they were.
He would make frequent trips to a neighboring town with Grandpa to a farm supply store. The lady who ran it was a softy and would unwrap a brand new Farmall tractor toy to give him nearly every time he visited. We still have them all!
What precious memories....how quickly he's grown....almost finished with 2nd grade!
I really need to do this more....Andrew and Nathan, you are next! Love you all!
1 comment:
I have missed your entries but also know how crazy life gets each time you add someone to the family. :) I love reading about Joshua's fascination with tractors. Hunter has always been a John Deere man which is funny since we aren't even near tractors. You are wise to jot down these memories...they will serve you and him well one day. :)
Reba
Post a Comment