All those pictures are still waiting on my camera to be uploaded to the computer. I will get to it one day. It isn't that it's hard to do, I don't know why I wait. Maybe because that's what I do?
I'd say the dreaded P word (procrastination) is my biggest downfall. It impacts everything. Everything right down to this blog. I do try to work on it (getting better at not procrastinating that is), yet at the same time giving myself grace. Not easy to do on either front...
So what's been going on lately?
Really just the usual. Craig working; Josh, Andrew and I doing school; Nathan being his cute baby self. I've been trying to cook up and freeze a few meals to have on hand in the coming weeks.
I'll be helping my Dad here on the dairy, primarily with the baby calves. I'm hoping that the big boys will be lots of help this time around. In the past, it has always seemed like more work to have them help, which I know is what I must endure if I ever expect them to be able to help and do for themselves, but that's not always easy. If I can keep them interested and focused, and keep my patience about me a few days while training them....maybe it will pay off... I hope.
Back to the meals... I've had several inquire about the meals I'm making. I should say that the ones I've made so far are all new to us, so I'm not real sure whether to "endorse" them yet or not. We did try one of them, Ranch Bean Chili, which was delicious! It was really better than I expected. I will try to plan for a post soon about my freezer cooking adventure. It is definitely something I'd like to keep up.
What else has been on my mind?
Well, I've been quite involved in keeping up with Stellan, who I mentioned here. And would you believe? As of this morning.....that sweet little babe is doing amazing and may even go home healthy and normal, after flat lining and nearly dying right before his mother's very eyes on Monday morning. Simply an incredible miracle it has been to watch.
And no...I do not know this family personally, and I know people like my husband and my dad think my mom and I are crazy for getting so emotionally involved with people we don't know. But they are people. Real people. It's not a tv show....although I would say it has certainly felt like watching the most amazing movie ever, and it even appears to have the happy ending we all hoped for. But it's real and it reminds me how blessed I am. Thank you Jesus!
I better be off now to get some things done.....no more p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n!
2 comments:
I was thinking myself crazy the other day...I have been checking in on the McKMama blog when you would post something & found myself with tears rolling down my face reading her blog regarding the events taking place. I truly don't know if my faith would be that strong, especially knowing what I know professionally. Isn't that awful!!! That story is very powerful and GOD IS AMAZING!!!
I thought it was funny that procrastination is one of your downfalls...must be hereditary!!
Procrastination is always an issue for me. I try to keep up, I really do... Sounds like you will be busy the next few weeks! I cannot wait to hear more about your meals. Oh, and I have made some good friends (seriously) from reading about and checking on them via blogs. So I understand!
Post a Comment