Probably not, although I wish that I would.
I think it could be fun..... It would be neat to expand beyond the regular "bragging on the kids" kind of posts. But in order to do that, I would have to do one of two things a.) Do something of interest to others regularly (key word: regularly), or b.) Be willing to "bare all" so to speak.
In all honesty, I've been too overwhelmed to blog regularly anyway. Perhaps though, if I'd take the time to do it, and open myself up....it would be therapeutic. Maybe...
So what, you ask, am I so overwhelmed about? Many things actually. But to get specific about one area is school.
I find myself daily questioning what on earth I'm doing with the homeschool thing, more so this year than any other. It's different this year. Josh is in 4th grade!! And Andrew is in 1st! And Nathan is soon to be TWO!!!
So I find myself thinking...."but lots of people homeschool multiple children while having littles around... What's the big deal? You can do it. God will equip you."
And I know these things are all true. I know that things don't have to be "perfect."
It's just.....
I hope I'm doing the best thing for these boys. Which I believe I am. {sidenote: That is NOT to say that I think other ways of educating children is wrong. I do not want this post to come across as judgemental to anyone! Is that straight? Good. :)}
It's just.....
I hope I don't mess them up.
It's just.....
I hope I end up reaping more than I am sowing.
So that reminds me.... I always hear that saying, "you reap what you sow." But that's not really true is it? Because somewhere just the other day I read, "you reap MORE than you sow."
Think about it.
You plant a tiny seed. It grows. It makes a huge plant. It produces dozens (if not hundreds) of fruit.
That's just like God isn't it?
All He asks is that we have the faith of a mustard seed. That tiny amount of faith then leads to big, God sized things that only He could do.
To be quite frank... If this schooling thing goes well at all? If these children come through as unscathed, upstanding, God-fearing individuals? It will be testimony to the graciousness of my Lord.
That's what it's all about. He asks us to do more than we alone are capable of, so that He can be the One to do the work and receive the Glory.
Why is this so hard to accept sometimes? It's much easier when I do...
-----------
Well now....that little pep talk wasn't so bad, now was it? Thanks.
While we're still on the subject.......
Here are a few pictures from the first day of school, which was yesterday. You know I couldn't have a post without pictures!
It will be interesting to see when they no longer grow at the same rate. It seems that Josh always stays about a head taller than Andrew.

Bookworm loves to read.

An artist at work. (Does he not have the most gorgeous hair?)
3 comments:
Looks like school is off to a good start! You are a wise woman who is after God's own heart. You listen to Him. So don't doubt what you feel like you are called to do.
Reba
I agree with Reba...don't doubt what you feel like you are called to do. Your kids will reap the benefits of your teaching. It does help to stay with the plan when you know you do have other options....and you do. This has to be something you desire....and the Lord will give you the strength and remove the doubts. You will know if and when it may be time to do something different.
The boys are very smart and they are doing fine. I admire your desire to educate them at home.
Katie, I could only imagine what you are going through in homeschooling your boys. At least you are giving it the try I wouldn't attempt to. I am sure the boys are getting the education they need from the "Osburn Academy" (I think that's what I read on the board!)as other children are receiving from public school, if not more! The boys seem fine socially and intelectually (not sure about that spelling). God gives us peace when we are in His will, granted we have doubts, but its the deep down peace that you know you are doing what you have been called to do. Doubts are the devil's handywork to throw us of course. Your mom is right, there are other options if that time comes, but hang in there. Looking from the outside into your family, you have been truly blessed! Love you and I admire your desire to educate at home as well!!
Post a Comment