Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catching Up With the Latest

I have had several inquire as to why I've stopped blogging. I technically haven't stopped, but just happened to have not blogged in a very long time. Nothing is wrong. We are all fine and I'm sorry to have concerned anyone. The truth is, I guess there are more people out there reading this than I realize. You see.....if you all would leave comments to let me know you've been here, then I MIGHT be more motivated to write more. Just sayin'...... :) And those who DO leave comments, thank you!

[sidenote: For those of you who still don't know that you can leave comments HERE on the blog, just look underneath the bottom of this post and click on the word 'comments'. This will open a text box and you can leave the comment there without signing up for anything by selecting anonymous. Just be sure to put your name in the text box so I know who you are. :)]

I have sat down a couple of times and tried to blog. Writer's block I guess.... And I don't want to sound like a broken record with excuses for how long it's been. But....I'm still doing that I suppose.

Maybe the best place to start would be with a general update on life....

Yes, we are in the throes of homeschooling, and it's true that has kept me away from the computer and blogging quite a lot. My last post was about school starting and my nervousness about that. Some of my fears were realized on the second day of school when Josh and I both ended up in tears. I went through a little miniature crisis of faith in what I was doing by homeschooling, but thankfully the crisis ended quickly. I did some research and praying. God answered, and we were able to meet up with a former high school classmate of Craig's, who's degree is in brain development and learning theories. She's just the kind of professional help we needed! We confirmed what we really already knew, that Josh is very bright, has an AMAZING memory, and is extremely visual. We learned that our current curriculum is great for him in all subjects EXCEPT for math. We're now doing a new math program called Math-U-See and so far, so good! Even Andrew is doing it with us and is loving it.

My other concern with school had been handling having a two year old underfoot. Again, God has provided amazingly, and there have been very few times when I have had all three home alone with me. Why and HOW pray tell, you ask, did that happen??

Well.....on August 19th, Craig had rotator cuff surgery on his right shoulder after injuring it at work. (He had his left done almost two years ago and we're hoping now he'll be anchored really solid from the shoulders ;) So from that day until September 3, Craig was home everyday and could take care of watch cartoons with Nathan while the big boys and I had school. Then, even after Craig returned to work, he was working evenings and was still home during school hours everyday! Isn't God good that way? This week he has been working some days and we've been on our own a little more, but it hasn't been too bad. :)

In case you are wondering how Craig is doing with his recovery, he seems to be doing well. He has a follow up appointment next week and hopes to be released to begin physical therapy then. He has to keep his arm in a sling when he is out and about now. His previous surgery recovered very nicely and we expect the same from this one.

I do actually have quite a few pictures to share, although I have slacked off tremendously with picture taking recently. I have a feeling I'll get fired back up real soon though, with Autumn in the air. We took a fun day trip to the zoo while Craig was off work, and we participated in the unveiling of his mom and step dad's new swimming pool. Both of these events were well documented, pictorially speaking. Hopefully I will let go of my need for editing every picture I post and just get them up here soon. :)

Here's a little preview:



I thought this would be an appropriate picture to represent my lack of blogging. :D
Don't you think?

P.S. I would like to give a shout out to my niece Gracie. She's 11 years old today! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We love you!

2 comments:

green6 said...

Great to hear you all are doing well and that school has kicked off nicely! Enjoyed "hearing" from you again! I figured life had just gotten in the way of blogging, I totally understand! Hope you all have a great week and beginning of Autumn. By the way, Happy Birthday Gracie!

Reba said...

Love the background. And glad to see a blog post. It is hard with school to do. I know. I had to smile on the comment thing. I have thought that so many times in my head on my own blog. Glad school is going well!