Summer vacation is now in full swing. We started it off by taking a camping trip to Texas. We arrived VERY late at night at Cooper Lake State Park, near where my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece live. The following day we arose after about 5 hours of sleep to head out for Dallas. I had made reservations for a birthday surprise for Josh.
It may appear that the younger boys were the most excited, but did you catch the grin on Josh's face? He doesn't always show his emotion quite as exuberantly as his little brothers. I think the reaction would have been bigger had he not accidentally seen Legoland Discovery Center listed in my bookmarks on the computer. I had done such a good job of keeping the surprise a secret until the day before.... It was still a fun surprise though. I would say it wasn't everything we expected or hoped it would be, and it would have probably been just as fun to take them to a plain Lego store...but we can now say we've been there and done that. I hope it at least is a fun memory that they will hold for a long time.



We spent the remainder of our trip relaxing and enjoying doing nothing. We were able to visit with Rudy, Christy, Gillan and Gracie each day. Gillan and Gracie got to stay in the trailer with us on Friday night and then they all went swimming in the lake the next day, after Craig cooked them a "beastly breakfast" (Gillan's words).


We made it home without incident just in time for a week of Vacation Bible School and Josh's actual birthday day. VBS was a fun week for all. It is an amazing (unheard of) blessing to be in a church where they actually have to turn volunteer workers away!! Wow! There is such a sweet servant spirit among our church family. I spent the week keeping the nursery for the worker's children. Along with Nathan, we had 3-4 more toddlers each day. It was fun and easy.

So now here we sit on this side of VBS with the remainder of summer ahead. Josh has camp coming up soon and then in July we have music camp. Between that I'm not sure what all we will do. Maybe some swimming, reading, organizing......and MATH!
3 comments:
Looks like your summer is off to a good start! Still can't believe our kids are 10. When did that happen?
Those boys have grown up a lot since I last saw them! I can still remember some of the days before Nathan came around, lol.
Hope everything else is going okay! I miss you guys!
The video just cracks me up!
Your boys are so sweet!
Post a Comment