It's already that time again...SCHOOL time! Summer has flown by in an overheated blur, and I have little to nothing on this blog to show for it. BUT! I'm back in the saddle again, so to speak.
Here's a brief catch up....
Since my last writing we have endured the HOTTEST summer ever in recorded history, and although we have had a break in the temps as of late, summer is far from over. It literally has felt like stepping into a preheated oven. Unfortunately, Craig's truck was without A/C for the majority of the summer. It's all good now though. Praise the Lord!
The end of June was a fun week for Josh and Craig as they went to camp. I think all the kids really enjoyed having Craig there again this year. He can be quite silly and entertaining. He also provides some much needed structure for a lot of the boys who need a good role model to look up to. I get tickled each time I hear him tell about their first night, when they lined them up drill instructor style and told them they had 2 minutes each for a shower. Gave them a little dose of shock and awe right off the bat!
We enjoyed another 4th of July at my Aunt Mona and Uncle David's lovely place. The food, fun, fellowship and fireworks were spectacular, as usual. We so admire and appreciate their hospitality to family, friends and strangers alike.
Next up was our annual Kid's Music Camp at church. This was my second year to help and I have to be really honest here. I wasn't looking forward to it. At. all.
But just as I expected, my heart was softened as I was blessed by the kids day after day. We had....oh....I want to say maybe 76 kids participate. They are broken up into small groups and rotate to each class where they practice about 3 songs. I was responsible for the first 3 songs of the musical. Usually there are some groups that sing really well, and some groups that, for the most part, just sit and look at you. This year I can't say that. Every group sang their hearts out!
Having fun really is contagious. Seeing them enjoy it, made me enjoy it. Seeing me enjoy it, made them enjoy it. Hmmm.....maybe I could use this phenomenon in homeschooling this year.....
Near the end of July we took an unplanned camping trip to Branson along with my Uncle Jody, his family and friends. We truly had a great time and are already planning and hoping to go back soon.
Craig and I then celebrated 15 years of marriage. We've come a long way baby! I can say, although we have had big ups and big downs, we are better friends today than ever before. I look forward to what the next 15 years and beyond have in store.
So here we are....a full week into the new school year, and I have yet to take beginning of the year pictures. I've slacked off way too much on picture taking in general, but that is going to change.
I've spent some time recently looking back at old posts and realized how much the boys have grown and changed. I don't want to wake up one day and have anymore of a chunk missing from my memory than there already is. I want to continue with this blogging journey, not for anyone else, but for two clear purposes.
1.) To bring glory to God.
2.) To have a record of my life's work.
If anyone enjoys the journey with me, that is all the better.
P.S. Pictures next time, I promise!
2 comments:
Glad to see you back in the saddle. I have missed your posts. :) I am hopeful that the summer weather is winding down...even a little. Look forward to MANY more posts. :)
GO KATIE!
Love this blog!
Post a Comment