WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Very random thoughts...
Be still my heart. This picture makes me want to cry for two reasons.
1.) I gave this little guy a haircut after this picture was taken and got it WAY shorter than I wanted to.
2.) It reminds me that time is flying by like a really fast moving train.
As I mentioned a few days ago, I have looked back at old pictures recently and find my jaw on the desk when I realize how big the boys have gotten!
It makes me think...
I've only got one shot at this Mothering thing.
How many regrets will I have?
I'm sure I will have some... I do.
But today is new. This moment is new.
Each a gift wrapped with the hope of redemption.
It's not about me anyway.
It's not me.
That's a good thing too, because I mess up way too much.
Grace
Mercy
Peace
Breathe in, Breathe out.
The dried Play Doh that has been collecting dust on the entry table.
The cereal crunching under foot.
The naked toddler streaking through the house.
The puddles under the toddler streaking through the house.
These are the things that quietly fade away...
Piles of LEGOs littering the floor.
Dirty boots flung by the door. (This really isn't a poem....or is it?)
The constant ring of nasty around the toilet bowl on the floor.
I'm sure hoping that last thing will quietly fade away...
Children have a way of growing so slowly that you don't even notice that you have to stoop less and less to be at eye level.
One day not so very far away, I will be looking my eldest eye to eye.
I have no doubt that not long after he'll be stooping for me. (or I'll need a step stool..)
A fast moving train.
Time keeps chugging along and I hope that somewhere along the way...
...all the right lessons are taught.
...enough hugs are given.
...enough pictures taken.
...enough memories made.
...enough love shown.
No real regrets because........
God was the Author of it all.

1 comment:
Amen, amen, amen. I have been moving some posts from the private blog to a public blog (removing any with pictures of the kids for the public blog) and I keep reading old entries and seeing old pictures that have reminded me exactly where we have come from...where has the time gone???
Post a Comment