Simple.
Gooey.
Fun.
Of course, s'mores are traditionally a campfire favorite. We do love us some camping and campfires...but lets face it. It has been much too hot for sitting around fires! Not to mention the burn ban...
The last couple of times we went camping I made sure to bring along the proper ingredients. We have an electric s'more maker that is fun to use if you don't want to burn your tushy next to a fire in the dead of summer, just to get that roasty flavor and have the fun of turning your marshmallow on a stick.
The thing is....we never did make them on our trips. So I had the stuff, and you know I couldn't let it go to waste!
The s'more maker takes too long for an impatient gal like myself. No, I much prefer to zap 'em in the microwave and shove them directly into my mouth before you can say "S'more please!" Not only are they ready to eat in a hurry, you also don't have to scrape off black crust or ashes. It is perfectly white goodness.
Here's what I started with....
Have you seen these graham crackers? They are already in squares, so no more uneven breakage of the rectangles! Yes!
OH, and these marshmallows! They are GIGANTIC. So gigantic, in fact, that I actually had to cut them in half. I found this good though. It made it where they sat flatter and stuck a little, so they didn't fall over during inflation in the microwave.
And then of course the chocolate. Hersheys. Is there any other kind?
No, I didn't think so.
Maybe when I am a really good blogger (HA!) I will take pictures of every. single. step. in the process.
Until then, you just get the glorious finished product.
Okay wait...before I show it to you, I have to admit.
I may or may not have taken this picture before the actual nuking in the microwave for no more than 30 seconds. Your microwave temperature may vary, so close observation is required. You'll want to hit stop as soon as the marshmallows puff up a bit.
Serve


1 comment:
Good one!! You are doing mighty fine with your bloggin' - keep it up!!
Post a Comment