Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 Day Check In

Whew! I told ya life was going to get busy. It has. But so far, so good. I will admit, the first couple of days were HARD! This aging body is not used to exercise, much less manual labor. I just keep thinking about all the awesome lean muscle mass I'm building and it keeps me going. Whatever works, right?

So lets see... I started on Wednesday, this is Sunday. Twice a day, everyday.. That means I have completed 10 milkings so far! Wow! I didn't even realize that until just now when I added it up. It actually doesn't feel like quite that many. That's a good sign right? I'm not burning out too quickly. Truth be known, sometimes it is kind of fun.

I knew the routine of it would be good for me. You would think that having children would be incentive enough to develop a healthy routine, but that has never been my personal style, nor my parenting style. I've probably mentioned here before that I am a laid back person (to a fault!) Schedules are not something I am disciplined to do when they depend on me for enforcement. These cows on the other hand......their bulging udders beckon me to rise up out of bed at obscene hours of the morning. The weird thing is, when I know I HAVE to, it isn't nearly as hard.

The benefit then flows over. I feel so much more accomplished knowing the amount of work I've put in before I would normally have ever even rolled over and hit snooze. I still haven't figured out how to keep the momentum going quite as long as I need to so that everything else gets done too, but I think I can get there once my body is fully adjusted. Give me a break, it hasn't even been a week yet! :) Of course, by the time I do get adjusted, I may not be needed for the task anymore. Hey! Maybe I will actually become a true blue "morning person!" That'd be cool.

I have not gotten brave enough to take my good camera to the barn. I probably won't either. There is WAY too much water involved there. I have been taking a few here and there with my phone and posting them to facebook, so you can check them out there.

If you don't "hear" from me for awhile, you know where to find me.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I am just so impressed. You are getting quite a workout and so early in the morning! Such dedication!