Sunday, November 04, 2007

Words and Babies

So here's the thing...I recently invited some new guests to this blog and now I fear they will arrive only to be disappointed! I mean let's face it, I'm a lousy blogger! Do I really give anyone (other than grandparents) any reason to keep coming back? So, I'm going to attempt.....notice I said ATTEMPT to be a little wordier. Is that a word? Now maybe not EVERY time, but at least some of the time. So here goes....oh goodness I'm scared, I've just written six sentences already and I'm afraid I'll run out of things to say before I even start!

Okay...let me start with a picture so I'll have something to go with....

Many of you may not know, that this is what is literally BEside our house! Yes, we have cattle all over the place, but our nearest neighbors are sheep. This is the time of year when the lambs are born and they have multiplied in the last couple of weeks by the DOZENS!! I'm not exaggerating. I tried to get a picture of a bunch of the little ones all together, but they scattered when I got the camera, so I only got a few of them together.

Yesterday I peeked out the window and watched as ALL the dozens of lambs were playing while their mommas ate. They would run as fast as they could from one side of the pen to the other and then back again, over and over. I called the boys to watch with me and we got so tickled at how cute they were.

Funny story....Andrew was born in November, so all those babies (well not those babies, but the ones we had at the time) were out there like they are now. At night, I could here the lambs crying through the baby monitor and I would wake up thinking it was my baby! It sounded so similar! Talk about not much sleep with a newborn.... Not only did I have my little one waking me, but a hundred others as well!

Well, I think I'm going to call it quits for now...I think I could get used to this though...we'll see. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)

P.S. If you click on the pictures, you can view them full screen!

1 comment:

shawnda said...

They are so cute and I bet the boys just love looking at them and even playing with them. Missed you at Bailee's party.