Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Holdin' Steady in the 160s
I just thought I would give a quick baby update to say that I went to the doctor this morning for my 14 week checkup and heard a heartbeat for the first time. The heartrate was running in the 160s. Other than that, it was an uneventful visit, which is always a good thing. I will have another in 4 weeks and the week following that, an ultrasound. Hopefully we will be able to determine the gender, but if you know anything about my first pregnancy, you know we can't always depend on that. However, the lady who will be doing it has been doing baby ultrasounds everyday for years. She's even retiring in September, so she knows what she's doing. She's NOT the one who said Josh was a girl! In fact, I had an ultrasound with her 2 days before he was born and I asked if it was still a girl. She asked who told me that and then said she couldn't tell either way. I KNOW she knew he was a boy and didn't tell me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad your appointment went well! I still laugh when I look at the baby shower photos for Josh. All the pink in the picture and the shock of finding out she wasn't a she but a he after all. :) You do think the ultrasound lady would have given you a heads up before you delivered...then maybe it wouldn't have been such a shock. Well, that late in the game, it probably would have. :) Look forward to more updates.
Reba
Post a Comment