Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In My Dreams

I know...this is crazy amazing that I'm blogging two times in one day, but a great topic just came to me...

As you will read (or have read) in my post below, we've lost a family friend to an unexpected early death. She was actually in the hospital for a couple of weeks before she died, but it was only a few days before when I found out about it. I recall that sometime before I found out about what was going on with her, I had a dream. No, it was not prophetic in nature at all. In fact, I do not even remember what the dream was about. The only thing I do remember is that our friend's husband was there, like as a bystander in my dream. I remember thinking that was odd because he isn't someone I see or think of that often. But, I distinctly know he was there. This got me thinking. Maybe God puts people in our dreams like that just to prompt us to pray for them. I know of a lady who will call whoever shows up in her dreams to check on them and see if she can pray for them. Maybe that's what I should start doing. How amazing if we all started doing that! What an awesome way for God to work and to intertwine our lives. So, I think I'll head to bed soon and try to pay closer attention (if that's even possible when sleeping/dreaming), so that I don't miss the opportunity God might have for me to minister to someone.

No comments: