Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dumpster Diving

There are several things I've been wanting to post about, but not really all together. This one I've got to get down before I forget too many details. I'm sure it won't be exact and if any of you who were present want to correct any details, feel free. Rudy....be sure you read all of this! For those of you who don't know who Rudy is...he's my brother.

It's a Josh funny...

Sunday morning we're riding with my parents to church. Apparently, we drove by a lady out in her yard, wearing her robe and digging in the trash can. I didn't see her. But, I mentioned something about her "dumpster diving." So the conversation went something like this...

Me: You know, I didn't even know what dumpster diving was until I was in college.

Dad/Grandpa: I don't guess I know what it is.

Mom/Grandma: Me either, is it homeless people digging through dumpsters?

Me: Yeah... Just anybody crawling in a dumpster to dig. We had a poem we had to learn in college English and that was what it was about. Well, really it was one of those interpretive type poems.

Grandpa: I HATE those kind of poems, I'm not any good at figuring them out.... Rudy was always really good at that.

Me: I was pretty good at it too, I guess.

Josh: Does Rudy still do that?

Grandpa: Oh yeah! He probably still could.

Josh: He goes dumpster diving???

Laughter ERUPTS!

That boy takes it all in...he just has a hard time following all the trains of thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! How funny!

Christy

Anonymous said...

You would just needed to have been there to fully appreciate this one, but it was just hysterical. However, I couldn't laugh as hard as I really wanted to for fear that Josh thought we were laughing or making fun of him...well, we were....but, he didn't understand why we were laughing. I just worry about things like that.

Mom/Grandma

Tiffany said...

Hahaha!!! How funny! That made my day.