Saturday, September 20, 2008

Update and Prayer Requests

For the record....I DID try to update yesterday, but somehow it got lost in bloggy land!

There really isn't anything to report except that we're still scheduled for this Thursday. I have to check in at 6:00 that morning. I am down to be the first patient of the day, which would be at 8:00. However, we all know how surgeries can be...if something more pressing comes in, I could be bumped. I don't expect it to be too much later though. We're ready and excited and do very much appreciate your prayers. I get VERY nervous about the spinal block and somewhat the surgery itself. Please pray for calm nerves and everything to go off without a hitch.

The boys are SUPER excited about Nathan's arrival. Josh went with me to my appointment yesterday. I took him to the nursery window (which was closed) to show him where he'd be seeing his new brother for the first time. The anesthesiologist shocked him by knowing when his birthday is. (She looked in my chart!) He took everything in. He asked me why his birth was an emergency. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be paying attention when the doctor went through the list of risks of surgery. I just sat a bit stunned when he said...."the baby could be injured or die etc. etc. etc. or you could die." Of course I know they always have to say that. Thank the LORD, God shielded his little ears for that part though! I didn't want to have to answer those questions.

Also, I'd like to mention a prayer request for Craig. He has had some shoulder pain for several months now. He tried physical therapy, but it didn't work, so he is going to have surgery. His is scheduled for exactly 3 weeks after mine, on October 16. I figure I will be doing well enough by then that I can handle him when he passes out from the pain....he's like that... :) But I love him anyway. Who says Marines aren't sensitive?

For some cool, exciting news....I have a friend who put my name in to receive an invitation to the Gerber Mother to Be Giveaway. I had decided I hadn't been selected and had stopped watching the mail for the letter, but I finally did receive one a couple of days ago. I'm pretty excited about it. They are giving away all kinds of free products and serving lunch. Sounds like a deal to me!

Well...that's it for now. MAYBE I'll get another post or two in before the big day. You can be sure I'll have plenty to share next weekend though!

5 comments:

Reba said...

Wow! Thursday seems so soon. :) Okay, probably not soon enough, but soon. I hope and pray everything goes well and look forward to seeing lots of pictures of Nathan and family.

Very cool on the Giveaway!!!
Reba

Tiffany said...

You will definitely be in my prayers and I know we will be praying for you at MOPS too. How exciting though! Can't wait to see and meet the little guy! Take care of yourself and we will be seeing you and hoping to hear from you soon!!

*Tiffany!*

Stephanie said...

Oh I cannot believe it is already here! I am SO excited for you all! Love you tons and I will be praying...
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. We can't wait to see baby Nathan!

Rudy, Christy,
Gillan, & Gracie

Anonymous said...

hey will be thinking of u. i need your moms link. havent checked hers since u dont have the links on yours anymore. i check yours often. cuz angie b.