
Born:
September 25, 2008
8:38 am
8 pounds 5.5 ounces
19 inches
It is hard to believe it has been a year since our baby boy joined the family! It is so cliche', but 'my how time flies.' What a sweet year it has been with our little Nate. {Known as Nathan; Nate; Nay; Nay Nay; Punkin; Punkin Head; and Punkin Seed.} We can't imagine our lives without his dimple faced smiles, curly locks, wide round eyes, and infectious giggle.
It is amazing the difference a year can make. As I type this, I am watching Nathan as he empties out our storage cabinet. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, facial cleanser all strewn about...hand soap and toothpaste underfoot. But a year ago? A year ago I was cradling my sweet, helpless babe in my arms. Now he's helping himself to whatever catches his eye!
Parenthood. It is so incredibly bittersweet. How I long for those cuddly baby days to last....but it simply isn't meant to be. Babies are made to grow up. Babies are meant to mature.
I have several friends who have babies who have special needs and I am reminded.....babies are SUCH an incredible blessing, and I am so thankful to God for the health and wellness of mine.
Nathan is a doll! Today........he can walk very well. He can 'roll 'em up' for Patty Cake. He sticks his tongue out when asked "where's the snake?" He can make a mess that would compete with a tornado (mentioned above). He loves his blankie and his paci. He adores his brothers (and they likewise). He's crazy about ice cream and most any food he's given. His hair curls up when wet. He's constantly complimented on his BIG eyes. He hates to wear shoes. He squeals when he sees an animal. He dances when he hears music. He notices immediately when a door is left ajar, that he might go through. He calls himself "Nay Nay." He is spoiled (but not quite rotten) and loved immensely!
Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Boy! We love you!
1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

12 months

This last picture isn't exactly 12 months....closer to 11 months really, so hopefully I will get another one for an official 12 month picture!!
4 comments:
I love the new layout...love the comments and pictures...love, love, love our Nathan. Happy Birthday beautiful baby boy!
Happy 1st Birthday Nathan!
We love you,
Rudy, Christy, Gillan and Gracie
We have so enjoyed having Nathan in our family. He is a joy to everyone and we love him very much. So cute!
Love,
Bob & Gram
Happy birthday, Nathan! I still cannot believe it has been a whole year! I love the pictures and watching him grow. He sounds like such a fun boy and a true blessing!
Post a Comment