Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

We're still alive and kicking. We had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas season and are looking forward to the potential 2011 holds. Hopefully, that will involve more blogging, but I'm not making any promises. :)

This year we made a conscience effort to teach the boys what Christmas is really all about by having an Advent devotion most evenings in the month of December.


We took turns lighting Advent candles and Craig would read some Scripture, then we'd discuss a couple of questions. At the end, and sometimes before we began, we'd ask one of the big boys to pray for us. It was astounding to listen to their prayers mature. It was evident each time, that they had truly heard what we had said. By the time Christmas came, we were sure that they knew what it was all about. JESUS, the gift GOD gave to the world. Not, what we get in the form of presents under the tree.

This truly was the best Christmas ever with our boys. Of course they enjoyed many gifts, but the best one of all came when Andrew told us he had prayed to accept Jesus into his heart and that he wanted to be baptized. Josh had accepted Jesus almost a year ago to the day as Andrew, but had not been ready to make it public, until now. They both went forward after a recent worship service at our church and will be joining by baptism possibly as soon as tomorrow night.

I have quite a few pictures I'd like to share of random events.  This short post has taken me quite a while to finish, due to interruptions, so I think I will end here for tonight and save those for another time.

Happy 2011 to all our Family and Friends!

3 comments:

Reba said...

I am so excited about your boys' decisions. Our plan for this next Christmas is to do more with Advent. We didn't this year and I really regretted it! Can't wait to read more posts this year. :)

Tiffany said...

That is so awesome!!! Next year we are going to incorporate more things that involve Christ into our Christmas as well!

Cool Grandma said...

I am so proud of the little boys and their maturity in the Lord. I was in awe when Andrew prayed before a meal at our house recently....a preacher could not have done better. It touched my heart.

The best Christmas present is definitely the decision the boys have made to follow Jesus.

Bless you and Craig for the leadership you provide to your children.

This is a beautiful post.

Love,
Your Momma