The Pathway
One day, a follower of the Lord knelt before his Father in heaven. With a prayer on his lips, peace in his spirit, and faith in his heart, he gazed into his Father's eyes. He noticed that the Lord's eyes were clear and brilliant and sharply focused. The follower turned in the direction that the Lord's eyes were focused. Looking out, he saw a pathway.
The pathway was only visible for a few hundred yards and faded from view behind a small hill. The follower also noticed other pathways close by. Each of the other pathways were only visible for a short distance as they turned either to the right or left.
It was at this time that the Lord spoke to the follower.
"If you ever wonder where the pathway is taking you, simply look down and you will notice my footsteps ahead of you and behind you. ~ As you walk, you will notice other pathways close to yours. Some pathways may get your attention, and draw your interest and curiosity. They are pathways that I have chosen for others. ~ You may be attracted to these other pathways because of the flowers that border them, the trees that shade them, or the direction in which they are heading. What you don't see is the depth of the valleys and the steepness of the mountains through which these pathways wind. ~ Those whom I have called to travel these other pathways will have My grace for the journey. It is My perfect plan for them. ~ I do not want you to waste your time imagining what it might be like traveling down someone else's pathway. If you did travel one of them you would not have My grace upon you, and the valleys and hills would be a burden to you and create a weariness within you. ~ The time and energy I give you will always be enough for each day's travel, and you will find My resting places along the way. Give yourself completely to the pathway upon which My eyes are focused. As you do, continue to look upon My face, for My smile will be upon you. And never forget that everything is significant and is working together for the good that I have planned for you. ~ I know where the pathway is taking you. I have already traveled it, and believe Me when I say that you could never imagine the incredible things that await you."
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 16:11
Author: Roy Lessin
1 comment:
Very good words to live by. Thanks for sharing this one. I needed it today!
Post a Comment