Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Halloween

I don't want to neglect to post our Halloween night picture. We went simple with the costumes this year. I actually had costumes in my shopping cart and was all the way on the other side of the store when I thought...."I cannot justify spending this money!" We wheeled on over to the boys clothing section and the boys fell in love with these glow in the dark shirts. I asked them what they thought about getting them instead of the costumes [we had just spent a half hour picking out!]? You know what? They were totally okay with it! I love the simplicity of a child. There was no fussing and crying like I had invisioned! It was just a matter of walking back to the other end of the store to neatly hang the costumes back where they belonged. You know what else? They were every bit as excited to wear their cool new glow in the dark shirts as they would have been with the hot stuffy costumes we were going to get. Why do we try to make things so complicated sometimes.......?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love it!