Friday, December 14, 2007

What's wrong with this picture?

"You better get those problems done or you're not going to get to dig a ditch today!"

Strange quote eh? It actually came from my mouth today! Is that backwards or what? With normal kids it would go more like this...

"You better get those problems done or I'm going to make you dig a ditch today!"

But no, not in our house! Our kids actually LIKE to dig ditches and they had a perfectly good opportunity to do so today. My Dad needed to find a water line. It ended up being great ammo to prod Josh along with his school work. As he was digging, I realized I should have brought the camera for a picture to go along with this post.

One thing I learned about Joshua today...he has a good work ethic (when it is something he enjoys, like ditch digging). He worked so hard even when his brother quit and headed for the trampoline. He said, "Andrew gets to have all the fun." AS IF, I was holding him hostage and MAKING him dig! He just kept right on digging, stopping periodically for a break and then he'd say, "I better get back to work." I was SO proud.

Now, if only I could get him that enthusiastic about handwriting....

1 comment:

Reba said...

That is a new threat...NO ditch digging! Isn't it wonderful to see a child with a strong work ethic? Tell him to keep that up!