Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Love You More Than You Know

All of a sudden I'm feeling inspired to take some pictures. Unfortunately, I share a camera with my Mom (well, it's hers), and I don't have it right now. My camera doesn't work too well. So.....you'll have to keep waiting. But I know now is the prefect time to get out and get some good outdoor shots in this beautiful spring weather.

I just want to say....I LOVE each and every one of you. I don't know who all reads this blog for sure. I know there are a few of you out there who just don't leave comments, and I guess that's okay. :) Though if you want to start at any time, feel free.........
I have been reminded this week in a startling way just how fragile life is. I just returned from the funeral of a family friend who died unexpectedly following what should have been a minor surgery. Her children are my age and I have memories of her from my childhood, as well as having had the opportunity to work with her at the bank. I don't want to take any day, or any person for granted. I've been reminded how so many of us have no clue how many people really care about us, until something tragic happens. Let this be the day that you know....I care about you and I love you. Make sure you thank God today for the blessings in your life and don't forget to take the time to linger a little longer on the faces you love. Make that phone call you've been meaning to make, or write that card or email. Smile that smile or give that hug. All you have is today....don't wait!

Praise God you are in my life today! ((((((HUGS))))))))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet Katie. I am certainly feeling the same today after the loss of a long time friend. The many people who attended to honor Shirley's life was just overwhelming. Sometimes, we just don't know how important individuals are to us until they are gone. We each need to cherish each moment. I saw so many people today that I have not seen in literally years. Life is passing by and it makes me sad to consider the opportunities I have already missed with friends and loved ones. I love you and hugs to you on this difficult day.

Mom

Reba said...

I am so sorry on the loss of your family friend. I wish it didn't take moments like that to make us really realize how important it is to share that love (I am not speaking you to specifically, more in general and right back at me :). I don't understand God's plans...I just know He is there in the good times and the bad. Thank you for the reminders.
Reba

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I will keep you and her family in my prayers. I just wanted to let you know that I am so blessed to have been able to meet you and every one of the ladies at MOPS and I just wanted to say that I love you too!

God Bless!

*Tiffany!*