I would like to post some new pictures tonight because I have some really cute new ones, but I've got a sleeping baby in my lap and he's too sweet to put down to go get my camera to upload the pictures. So....I thought I would just give a quick update anyway..
Some of you may not know that Craig had surgery this past Thursday on his shoulder. He had a full tear in his rotator cuff (which they repaired). He has been off work since then and will be all this week. He's doing okay. He's never had a big surgery like this before, so it is all new territory for him. It's been hurting pretty bad, but he managed to need less pain medicine today than the 3 days prior. He rested all this morning while we went to church and felt well enough to be awake to supervise the boys while I napped this afternoon. Apparently, I needed it pretty badly because it was a good nap. Thankfully, Nathan napped the whole time too, so Craig didn't have to recruit Josh to pick him up! Tomorrow Craig will start his rehabilitation therapy, which should be interesting! Please remember him in your prayers. (And me too.. :)
Our boys continue to do well. The big boys spent the weekend with Nana and Papa and had a fabulous "Fall" time with campfires, rides in the woods, a trip to the pumpkin patch, and more! Josh is plugging away with homeschooling and Andrew is still loving his school.
They are both getting so tall and smart. It looks like it will be no time before Josh is taller than I am (he does still have a way to go, but he'll definitely pass Craig and I both at some point.) Josh contines to amaze us with his "smarts."
Andrew suddenly looks like a big kid and I wonder where my toddler went. Tonight he was doing some addition facts with three numbers. We thought that was pretty good! He figured out that 2+2+1 and 3+1+1 both equal the same even though he did not answer those two back to back.
Nathan is growing like a bad weed! I can't believe how fast he's gained weight. It sure looks like it would be coming off of me a little faster! Guess the chocolate and milkshakes don't help...
Yesterday I went to the Gerber Mother Give-Away. It was awesome! Thank you Heather A. (if you are reading this) for nominating me. We had a yummy meal donated by Golden Corral, we taste tested baby food, we heard from several speakers with some good information, and the best part....everyone got tons of free stuff! I got a box of baby food, a box of baby bath supplies, lots of feeding gear like spoons, sippy cups, bottles, pacifiers, etc, as well as a baby care cart. They had lots of prizes even bigger than that, but I am so blessed and am perfectly happy with what I received. Thanks to Gerber for their generosity!
I better get this finished up so I can get some more rest while everyone else is sleeping. I'll try to get those pics posted soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment