Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All About Andrew

I thought I would do a post for each of the big boys, since so many have been all Nathan these days! Today is Andrew's day....

Andrew has a birthday coming up. He will be 5 years old on the 21st, so this may be part of his birthday post, since I will likely be very busy the next couple of weeks.

Andrew is such a sweet kid! I love seeing all his different sides. He has a tenderhearted cuddly side and a crazy squirrel side, and then there is the dancing singer and comedian!

Andrew always keeps us laughing. I so wish that I was better about writing down the funny things said around here. Of course I can't think of one good example right now!

One of the things that has blessed my heart lately is hearing Andrew sing along to the songs on our Christian radio station. One of his latest is a line from a Toby Mac song "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul!"

And then today we were listening to a CD we have. It's actually a kid's CD of music that won't drive a parent crazy. No kidding, that's even what it says on the cover. (Something to that effect anyway..) There is a song on it called The Mom Song and one line is "If you work all day, but you never get paid....You're a MOM!" Andrew can actually sing the whole chorus and it's really cute.

Andrew loves his brothers and can play till the cows come home. I love to hear him say, "Josh, let's play." Yes, it's sweet to hear, but in all honesty.....it means they will be occupying each other. We are so blessed and happy that they are such good friends. I pray they remain that way for a lifetime.

I'm not good with coming up with some wonderful huge list of all the things I love about my boys or all the traits I see in them or hope for them. Maybe someday I'll have a more comprehensive list, but for now...this is a glimpse of Andrew....


Picking up pecans



Playing soccer (goalie)




Playing construction (Or is that destruction? Maybe a future DIYer?)


3 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Neat post!

Reba said...

I love your post...great idea "highlighting" the kids, not just for readers but for you to remember one day (just in case someone is driving you crazy in the future). I know what you mean about writing down the funny stuff...you think you won't forget but you do!

Tiffany said...

Katie, your boys are so handsome! And, I see the Lightning McQueen hats!! Go Cars!