Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I've noticed that many bloggers participate in what they call Favorite Foto Friday and each week there is a theme. I doubt I will do that...but this week was a Mother's Day theme and I thought it would be a good one to participate in, although I am a day late! But then again...Mother's Day is tomorrow!

First, let me say Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, LaNell. Momma I love you so very much and I am blessed beyond words to have you for a Mother. Thank you for loving me so deeply. I love how you are so fun, because after all, as Gillan would say...you are a COOL Grandma! You're never afraid to act like a kid again. I love that you are a busy body and know how to get things done. I love that you are the best nurse I have ever known and that because you are such a good nurse...I've never had to meet too many of them. You always make sure we are well cared for. I love that everyone loves being in your home, not because it is new or nice, but because you are there. I love your "elegant" meals and how you always plan and plan when company is coming. I love that you are willing to drop whatever you're doing in order to take care of someone else. I love that after almost 42 years of marriage, you still love my Daddy like you were newlyweds. I love that you love Jesus and made sure I would too. I could go on and on...I just hope that someday I can be as good of a Mom as you! Thank you for everything and Happy Mother's Day. May you have a most blessed day!

My Mother


I would also like to wish a very Happy Mother's Day to my Mother-in-Law, Cindy. Thank you for your love and support and for raising such a wonderful son. Thank you for being Nana to our boys and for all the fun little activities you come up with to do. Whether it be a trip to the circus, an Easter story, a sock snowman, planting flowers, or a wild ride through the woods, you seek out fun with them and I love you for that. I hope you have an awesome day and remember how deeply you are cared for and loved.

My Mother-in-Law


Now, I thought I would post just a few older pictures of me with my boys. I will try to get some recent ones in a couple of days. I am so thankful to be a Mother. It is all I have ever known I wanted to be for sure. I often feel that I'm just not the Mom I want to be, but hopefully God will continue to shape me into the Mom He created me to be.

2007 - Andrew 3 years old and Josh 5 going on 6 years old


2006 - Andrew 2 going on 3 years old and Josh 5 years old


2005 - Josh 4 years old


2005 - Andrew 18 months old


And finally...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my Mother friends out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am crying. Thank you so much for the sweet words. You are a wonderful Mom. I do love you sooo much. Have a Happy Mother's Day! See you tomorrow night.

Momma

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Happy Mother's Day! I wanted to let you know that you are such a wonderful mom and a great friend. I hope that you had a great day today. I think your entire family is wonderful and I love you guys very much. :)

Amber

Reba said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love all of the pictures. I love the FFF thing, but I have had a hard time doing it myself. Maybe this summer. :)
Reba