Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Raising Godly Sons...

...that is my greatest desire in all of life! If you have read the comments left to me under the comment section, you will have seen that my dear friend Stephanie and her sweet Mom Karen both made that point. They are so right. Craig and I have been given an awesome responsibility and privilege to raise BOYS. Boys that will someday be someone's husband, someone's father, and hopefully be someone's guide to Jesus.

I have said many times that I know our boys will lead (I particularly see leadership traits in Joshua) and that it is critical that they learn to lead the RIGHT way!

When I really stop and think about it...I wonder, "God, what are you thinking? Are we really the best candidates for raising Godly men? Isn't there someone else who could do it better? What if we mess it up royally? God...it's got to be ALL you and none of me!"

And there lies what God wants... He wants it to be ALL HIM and none of me or of Craig. We can't be the ones to take the credit, and we know we won't be able to. But, we serve such a gracious God that He will allow us just a piece of the prize too, if we are faithful. He will give us the praise we need as long as we turn it all back to Him.

Excerpt from The Wonderful World of Boys by: Dr. James Dobson:
"There is no greater privilege in living than bringing a tiny new human being into the world and then trying to raise him or her properly during the next eighteen years. Doing that job right requires all the intelligence, wisdom, and determination you will be able to muster from day to day. And for parents whose family includes one or more boys, the greatest challenge may be just keeping them alive through childhood and adolescence."

I pray that we are able to remain humble enough; muster enough intelligence, wisdom and determination; and to always remember that it is all about Him, so that, somehow, someway.....these three sons we've been entrusted with turn out to be MIGHTY MEN of GOD!


A Love Like No Other

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! You all can do it! I wrote a previous response to this blog posting and I must NOT have clicked post comment, because it is no where to be found. I don't know if I can express the same words, but I will try.

I was just saying that you all can do it by following God's principles and providing the boys a good example,love, direction, protection, discipline, encouragement and pray, pray, pray!As I have often told you and Rudy...."be consistent and persistent in all these things". God will go before you and provide the way. You are doing a great job.

I am looking forward to meeting and holding the grandson yet to come.

Love,
Momma