Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My New BFF



So I wanted do a whole favorite things post. But honestly, this is the only thing I can think of at the moment that I can't live without. Well, that and those previously mentioned brownies. Anything else I might think of would probably have to do with something fattening too....and I wouldn't want to cause you to stumble in the sin of gluttony, so I'll try to refrain as much as possible.

My new BFF (Best Friend Forever; or at least until this pregnancy is over and the hot weather subsides) is the Stanley Utility Blower. This was something that Craig had kept when we sold the business last year and am I forever grateful he did!

This handy little fan goes with me anywhere I need it in the house. Hey, for that matter, we put it inside our tent when we went camping too! It is great for in the bathroom when I'm trying to put on my makeup, but the sweat won't stop pouring. It's got 3 speeds, so I can crank 'er up depending on how hot I am. I've been known to perch it on my night stand for some direct air at night. Oh, and positioned just right in the living room I can recline with a gentle breeze blowing. Once, I was so hot I put it on the footrest of the recliner! Now that's a heat wave when you've got to get that up close and personal with a fan...

They say it's supposed to be cooler here this week. That means in the 90's. It remains to be seen if it will make a real difference for me. I'm hoping so.

How IN the world did they make it before electricity? I mean...I've still got A/C to boot! We are so blessedly spoiled these days and I'm SO very thankful!

4 comments:

Reba said...

I am waiting for that cold front to move in. :) I am hot and I know it is hotter where you are. I cannot imagine being really pregnant during this heat...Keep your bff with you. :)
Reba
PS Yes, I got a Cybershot and it does take video.

Tiffany said...

Oh boy, do I ever know how you feel!! I can't wait until it's over!

Anonymous said...

If you get too hot, you know you can always come to Nana's!!! Hang in there, Sweetie, winter is just around the corner and with that a whole new set of "issues"!!!!!
Love, Cindy

Stephanie said...

Oh I SO have to try one of these. I am addicted to my vornado...mostly for the loud noise. But the air would be nice too.