Friday, August 15, 2008

The Time is Coming

I'm sure you are all just dying to find out what I learned at my appointment today. Well let's see...

- I measure about 34 weeks. I'm actually 33 weeks and 3 days.
- Baby's heartrate sounds good at around 120.
- I had my first appointment with the delivery doctor.

Basically, it was a fairly uneventful visit. We chatted it up about how amazing Michael Phelps is. Let's see.....was there something else?

OH....

And we have a C-Section scheduled for September 25!

I thought I'd try to keep you hanging as long as possible. ;)

Anyway, Dr. W said he likes to do C-Sections at 39 weeks, but since he's only in the O.R. on Thursday's I had to make a choice of waiting a couple more days or having a different doctor. Since I had such a good experience with him last time, I thought it best to stick with him. Of course, there is a chance I could end up with someone else if I happen to go into labor and it isn't a Thursday.

So there you have it. Less than 6 weeks to go and counting.....

3 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Can't wait to see our new baby! I know you are getting very uncomfortable physically, but you are on the home stretch.

Reba said...

Wow! You have a date. That has to feel good...gives you a "finish line". :)

Hope school is going well. It sounds like it got off to a great start.

Looking forward to meeting the next baby boy!
Reba

Tiffany said...

Ooo! Exciting!! You're almost there! I have about 10 weeks left if I make it full term. I'm more than ready!