Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Planning

Grrr...I'm frustrated. And this is what I'd like to do about it...



Throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming.

But I won't.

I am needing to plan a menu and thus plan a grocery list.

I want to learn to be like the Coupon Queen and all these other bazillion moms out there who save their family tons of money each year. Now I'm no big spender....but I am overwhelmed and at a loss for making it work for me.

It's not like I've never made a menu before. Good grief...I had to do such things for my major in college.

Couponing, on the other hand, is relatively new territory for me. Although I've used them many times. But the art of it is something entirely different.

Seriously, if I'd had the opportunity to get a degree in homemaking. I SO would have done that. And really....I mean come on....talk about all inclusive, ready and educated for anything! Is there any other job out there with so many titles?

To my friends out there who are homemakers AND work outside the home.....you amaze and inspire me!

So here I am writing about how I need to make a menu plan.....instead of doing it.

{Sigh}

This seems oddly reminiscent of one of my recent posts....

OH YEAH!! "look at the tree Katie!"

Okay, I'm off to examine some bark or leaves or something like that....

3 comments:

green6 said...

I wish i could learn the art of couponing too. I also wish i could stick to the menu that i make to go shopping with. but you maybe a little off today if your are just down to one kid. :)

Cool Grandma said...

I just wish I could remember to take the list with me, or what I intended to make with the things I put on the list! LOL!

Reba said...

I did so well for a while with a menu (2 weeks at a time) but have lost that somehow in the past few months. Now I just plan a few meals at a time, get the ingredients for those, and then coast until we can get to the store. It is hard. And I was good at couponing once upon a time. Now, when we need it more than any other time (with a lot more people to buy for), I haven't had the time or the energy...it is a tough job!