Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Cuties


I can't believe it is already December! Time really does slip away so quickly. It seems just as you get the decorations all packed away, it's time to get them down again.

The boys are very excited about Christmas this year. They really are at fun ages for the Season. Still little enough for the fun of Santa, yet old enough to begin grasping the true Reason for the Season. Somewhat anyway... Joshua told me the other day that "Christmas is not about wanting things, it's about giving your love." I'm not sure who told him that, but I like it. We're trying to explain things a step further by telling him that we give our love because God first loved us and gave us Jesus. Of course he still wants things, but I'm happy to see he is developing a heart for giving.

And tonight, we were having a conversation about God and Heaven, when Andrew explained things like this... "God takes your heart and puts it inside Him and then when you get to Heaven, He gives it back." Not bad theology for a 4 year old if you think about it... God protects our soul and nothing can snatch it away. He's holding onto it for us until we can be with Him forever! From the mouths of babes...

2 comments:

shawnda said...

That is so sweet. I love it when children grasp the true meaning of Christmas and of God's love for us. Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new look of the blog. Love the pictures of the boy's at the top.

lb