Friday, June 06, 2008

Joshua's Day

D Day. To me, Delivery Day. Today is the day I became a Mother. Seven years ago a 7 pound 10 ounce baby boy was placed in my arms and our lives were forever changed. It's hard to believe that Joshua Reed is turning 7 years old today! Yet at the same time, it is so hard to remember life before him sometimes.

Joshua is a very active boy and oh so very smart. He amazes me with what he knows. He's a typical boy who loves tractors, maps, mud, CARS, puppies, swimming, friends, and his little brother. He loves to create and make arts and crafts or build with Legos or Lincoln Logs. He is an excellent reader. He loves to give hugs and kisses and still needs to sometimes feel like he's small again and curl up in my lap. From the time he was a baby, he would play with my hair. I don't let him do that much anymore, but I remember last year when I would send him off to Kindergarten, he would twist my hair exactly three times and he told me that meant, "I love you."

I LOVE YOU too sweet boy! I pray that God molds you into His man.

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY Joshua!!!

P.S. I'm going to try to come back later and add some pictures. Blogger isn't cooperating.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Happy birthday, Josh! I love looking back at the pictures. I remember the day you were born! In fact, I remember when you were growing in your mom's tummy. We would compare pregnancy stories. I also remember very clearly when she called to tell me you were here. What a day of joy that was! And after 7 years...wow! 7 years...you still bring joy to her and many others. I hope today was a special day!
Reba