We didn't have any big plans. We knew we "had" to take the boys camping somewhere, and Craig really hoped to get in a couple of rounds of golf. Thankfully, both happened and the rest of the time was fairly laid back and unstructured.
On Monday we took the boys to Mikey's birthday party and shopping for camping supplies. We left out Tuesday for a local state park and spent the night and all day Wednesday. Thursday and Friday Craig played golf and the weekend was just spent around here.
I hated to see Craig have to return to work on Monday. I'm so used to not seeing him much, so getting to be with him all week made me realize I really do still like him! HA HA Seriously we had a wonderful week and made some special memories. I hope you enjoy our camping trip through pictures.
Setting up camp

It is so fun here!

Hanging out in the tent Yes we tent camped with me at 24 weeks pregnant! Notice the air matress and we also had a fan.

Fishing Buddies

Chasing a goose The geese, birds and squirrels really wanted some of our food. They would come right up to the table while we were eating. We had our trash tied in a tree and the squirrels kept getting in it.

Mom and her boys

Dad and his boys

Striking out on a 3 hour hike Yes, I went. Me who gets zero physical exercise. I did make it. Barely. But I ended up with a red Muppet nose.


My scruffy Marine

Andrew didn't make it all the way. He actually ended up on Craig's shoulders, nearly asleep. I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture of that. Maybe because I was barely making it myself and was wishing I could ride on Craig's shoulders. Since Andrew wouldn't walk, we decided not to hike back on the trail and went up the main entrance to the park instead. I know the pictures don't show it, but some of the trail was pretty rugged. I will do it again when I'm not pregnant and am about 80 pounds lighter!

Andrew on the water slide Would you believe after all that hiking, the boys went swimming? Oh, and they also played miniture golf (no pics of that). Andrew was fearless! He went down the slide over and over.

Andrew loving the log roll

Daddy pulled him out MANY times to do it all again!

Josh just hanging out

FUN TIMES!
2 comments:
You are a brave woman!!! No way would I have been able to do that!! I was hurting ater walking 2miles at the March for Babies walk last month!! You guys look like you had a good time though! Love the pictures!
What a fun week! I am so glad you were able to get out and have some fun together as a family...I love those laidback days with kids. I am really impressed with the hike...
Reba
PS I tried to vote again...it just won't let me. :(
Post a Comment