Hmmm....maybe I shouldn't post that somewhat embarrassing (to my child) bit of info to the internet. And really without that part of the story, it's not really a story at all. So, to protect the innocent....I've deleted. You are welcome son! :)
So....I turned 32 on Tuesday! That just boggles my mind, really... No, I'm not afraid of numbers. In fact, I think it's great that I am growing older. The problem is...I'd like to say that I'm also growing wiser and I'm just not convinced of it yet! :)
I've done a lot of thinking lately and have come to the conclusion that even though I didn't first believe it....I'm a perfectionist. And my perfectionism paralyzes me. Since everything can't be perfect.....too many times, nothing gets done. It's all or nothing. I've got to change. Does anyone know where I can find a P.A. meeting?
Hello. My name is Katie and I'm a perfectionist...
That's the first step right?
~Sigh~
Anyway...I was telling Craig the other day....you know the saying, 'you can't see the forest for the trees' ? Well, I have the opposite problem. I can't see the trees for the forest. I tend to look at the big picture and see EVERYTHING I want done, now! Craig overheard me talking to myself the next day saying......"look at the tree, look at the tree!"
So that's what I'm going to try to do this year, my 32nd year. I'm going to try to focus on one tree at a time and make some progress toward being wiser and less of a perfectionist.
And because I feel every post needs at least one picture...here is one I thought was pretty good. Maybe I should super impose myself and we'd have a decent little family photo there.... :)

Have a Blessed day and find something to laugh about!
3 comments:
Katie, you are so funny! I have truly enjoyed your blog. I even found out that Angie has one & read her news, although rather old news (ha)! Hope you have a good day!
Who said "a wise man knows his limits and a fool thinks he has none" I love that, and I love you! find your tree!
I LOVE the picture of the boys. So sweet. I think I am with you on the whole forest/trees thing...
Reba
Post a Comment