Thursday, September 08, 2011

Painting

Recently, Craig has been taking care of a few things around our home that have needed attention. After the boys finished their book work one day, he let them help paint our old garage/shop. They were excited to get to do that and did a great job. As you can tell, it looked REALLY bad to start with, so it was perfect for them to "practice" their painting skills on. There is probably not anything they could have done that would have made it look any worse. I am grateful to Craig for his willingness and patience in having their help. I'm not sure I could have done it!



This is a great example of why I love homeschool!

Oh, and little mister. You didn't think he painted did you? We might be laid back, but not that laid back. After his nap, he ran around "tending" something. He looks like a real high stepper in this picture, but really he was just coming down off a ladder.

What kinds of "grown up" tasks have YOU been willing to include your child/ren in lately?

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I always let the 3 littlest boys help me cook and put away laundry. With cooking it's mostly just them helping me stir stuff or retrieve things out of the fridge or lower cabinets. Most of the time they just like to hang around the kitchen and try on the oven mits! LOL

My two oldest boys do the dishes every night for me!

I always enjoy reading your post's and seeing all of the pictures as well!