Time sure does fly, doesn't it?
Yesterday was Labor Day, marking the un-official start to Fall. What a beautiful day it was too!! It was such a sweet reminder of God's faithfulness. We've come through the most oppressive summer in my lifetime, with more days of triple digit heat than not. Then, like a precious, unexpected gift wrapped in blue skies and a crisp breeze, it comes.
Fall.
It is my absolute favorite time of year! I only wish it would last a tad bit longer than it generally does... I just had to pull out one of my fall scented candles. I have been holding off on any decorating, but if this weather sticks around, I won't be able to wait much longer.
Another thing that I like about Fall is the food. Well, I like food year round, but you know....
One of my favorite recipes, Pumpkin Muffins, came from my friend Reba. {Thank you Reba!} If you would like to read her instructions, which are more thorough than I will take the time to do here, you can click on her name and be redirected to her page.
![]() | |
| PUMPKIN MUFFINS |
1 can pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
(I sometimes use yellow mix with a few dashes of spices for a less spicy version that the boys like better.)
1 bag cinnamon chips
(I find that half a bag is plenty! These are not always easy to find, but our local-ish store, Homeland, carries them. You can go to the Hershey's Website to find the closest available, or order them online. Totally worth it, I promise! Even non-pumpkin lovers love these muffins.)
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour ingredients into a bowl and stir until moist.
3. Line or grease or spray muffin pans (the size of your choice).
4. Scoop or spoon "batter" into the tins until flush with the pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
6. Enjoy!
Give them a try and let me know what you think! ;)


1 comment:
I'm gonna have to try this recipe!
Your getting me in the mood for fall cooking.
Why is it that when fall comes I want to cook and bake more? lol
Post a Comment