Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hugs and a Sweet Spirit

I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago and thought they'd be fun to share. We've been busy this week with Vacation Bible School. We hope to be getting back to the pool very soon! Too many summer days have slipped by without a dip.

I have a sweet thing to share about Andrew. It is so fun to see his little personality emerge. It seems that as I grow bigger with child, he becomes more attentive. Not all the time, but there have been moments. Like for instance, the other day we were running errands with Grandpa. Grandpa had to stop at several places and at each stop the boys would want to get out and go in with him, while I chose to sit in the pick-up and wait. On about the second stop, Andrew quickly unbuckled and then said, "I'll just stay here with Mommy and the baby." Grandpa and Josh went on in and Andrew just sat quietly with me for a few moments. Then he said, "Mommy, why don't you want to go in with Grandpa?" I said, "I don't know, did you want to go?" He said, "yes." So I assured him I would be fine if he wanted to go in. He immediately hopped out and ran inside!

Then...a few days later he was helping me water Grandma's flowers (as she is away in Mexico). He turned the water on, filled the pail, and then turned it off again. Then he "tried" to pick up the pail, but it was much too heavy, so I got it. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy, is the baby heavy?" He seems to feel the need to take care of me, which I think is so precious. What four year old even notices things like that?

I should add that Josh is very sweet with me as well. He's constantly asking how the baby is and if he is awake or asleep. He did get to feel the baby kick for the first time a few days ago, which was a fun experience. And if I tell him that I can't do something (like he wanted me to walk to the back yard with him to get his bike, but my feet were ACHING!) he is very understanding.

I'm thankful for sweet little boys.

Lovin' on Mom


I just love the expression on his face!

3 comments:

Reba said...

How very sweet that your boys want to take care of you! They will make great husbands and fathers one day. I love the pictures...both of your boys are adorable!
Reba

Tiffany said...

You're boys are so cute!! That's so sweet!

johnson4 said...

That is SWEET! You are glowing. I think that we may be in PG for one day in July. I will let you know more.